Friday, August 3, 2007

Thing 20 - Youtube

Youtube was really my first introduction to 2.0 technologies, when a friend told me about the 'Star Wars Kid'. Apparently this high school kid in Canada filmed himself pretending to be a Jedi, and it was leaked online. It became a phenomenon, with over 100 different clips created on Youtube, based on the original footage. Some of them are extremely clever. 'Star Wars Kid' even has a Wikipedia entry! Unfortunately the fame wasn't so good for 'Star Wars Kid', who apparently was unable to live the Jedi thing down, and left school.

This clip is one of my favourites, partly because I like the original song, and partly because I think the new lyrics are very clever. Enjoy!

Except - now I can't find the one I want, but it was a clever Star Wars clip using new lyrics to Avril Lavignes Sk8er Boi. However I also like this one...

No comments: